Paperwork has been filed for the latest residential tower proposed for Chicago’s Hyde Park neighborhood, which is undergoing something of an apartment-building boomlet.
The nameless project at 1600 East 53rd Street is being developed by Mac Properties, with Solomon Cordwell Buenz as architect. It’s intended to be a 27-story tower with 250 apartments, and also includes the renovation or replacement of the co-owned retail building at 1644 East 53rd Street next door, and a small residential building facing Hyde Park Boulevard. The tower replaces a surface parking lot.
Though the paperwork was filed last month, the project does not yet appear on any city hall committee agendas.
- Address: 1600 East 53rd Street
- Address: 5238 South Cornell Street
- Address: 5232 South Hyde Park Boulevard
- Developer: MAC Properties
- Architecture firm: Solomon Cordwell Buenz
- New tower net site area: 27,39 square feet
- New tower F.A.R.: 9.76
- Maxmim tower residences: 250 (30% efficiencies)
- Lobby access: via South Cornell Avenue
- Minimum tower auto parking: 173 spaces
- Parking garage access: via South Cornell Avenue
- Minimum tower bicycle parking: 87 spaces
- Tower loading dock: 1
- Loading dock access: via South Cornell Avenue
- Maximum tower height: 295 feet
- Amenity deck on level 5 (61 feet above grade)
- Private terrace on level 25
- Private terraces on level 26
- Green roof alert! 22.895 square feet (50.1%)
from Chicago Architecture http://www.chicagoarchitecture.org/2017/02/14/paperwork-in-place-for-new-hyde-park-residential-tower/